make better happen
We’ve been making better happen for individuals, communities and organisations since 1999. Operating around the UK, our team of over 40 full-time expert practitioners work through our people-shaped approach - Insight, Co-create and Engage - to create positive and sustained behaviour change.
behaviour change specialists...
on a mission to help co-create a well, confident and self-reliant society.
Skillfully blending the art and science of human-centred design & innovation through the three domains of...
insight co-create engage
Using action research, service & experience design, behavioural economics, systems thinking, communications & engagement to co-create...
change with heart
Business Development Executive
Are you an experienced Business Development Professional?
Would you like to promote something worthwhile, for a business that makes a positive difference to individuals, communities and organisations across the UK?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our business development team. ICE Creates Ltd is a values-led behaviour change organisation. We are market leaders in our field, delivering transformation and change solutions across various disciplines throughout the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
We are looking to recruit a high calibre office-based Business Development Professional to join our team in Birkenhead. Reporting directly to the Managing Director this role exists to facilitate the growth of the business in line with the existing growth/business strategy.
The purpose of the role is to facilitate winning new business for ICE. It is envisaged this will be achieved by scoping out prospective clients, generating leads and booking meetings for the Managing Director and Operations staff with prospective clients, for which this role will be targeted and rewarded.
What kind of person are we looking for? We want to hear from you if you have:
- A demonstrable track record within an autonomous and targeted sales/business development role
- An exceptional level of emotional intelligence and the ability to build instant rapport with colleagues and external contacts
- An exceptional telephone skills/manner and experience
- An ability to manage own time effectively, ask for/seek assistance where required and prioritize work load effectively
- A knowledge of the behaviour change sector. This is desirable, but by no means essential. We appreciate our sector and services are niche, the successful applicant will be given the utmost support and training to develop knowledge of the industry
Responsibilities will include:
- Business partnering operations staff to help ‘take the company’s offering to market.’
- Communicating with prospective clients, largely over the phone and via email. It is envisaged the role will also shadow/support colleagues at some external client meetings.
- Promoting the company via social media e.g. Twitter and LinkedIn
- Developing a strong rapport with colleagues - particularly those the role will business partner with – to enable effective marketing of ICE’s offering to prospective clients
- Developing a commercial awareness of developments in the market by keeping up to date with relevant recent publications/press releases/journals
- Generating and chasing leads over the phone and via email based on information from colleagues/existing clients/ market knowledge and information. Leads will be tracked on our CRM system
- Managing sales and marketing campaigns for ICE – sending out literature and marketing material and following up with phone calls
- Booking meetings for Managing Director and Operations teams with prospective clients – for which this role will be targeted and rewarded
- Competitive salary. £30,000 OTE comprising of £20,000 basic with an additional very achievable sales bonus structure.
- Employer pension contribution
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays (rising by one day for each year of service to 25)
ICE’s work begins with a promise to share our strengths with the world around us. It’s all about people and behaviours - it’s about you and the legacy you want to create. Sharing and living our ICE values is vital for all our team.
Have we got you thinking? If so, then don't miss the chance to be a part of an amazing team of change makers. Please send your CV and a short explanation about why you are the right person for this role.