ICE tackle the growing issue of Maternal Obesity
The issue of Maternal Obesity has come to the fore recently, with Health Survey data showing that the prevelance of obesity amongst women of childbearing age has increased in recent years.
Following the national Change4Life branding and ethos of healthy eating, ICE designed and collated a suite of intervention materials to address the growing issue of Maternal Obesity.
Subdivided in to the following lots, the intervention packs can be used to assist Health Professionals in supporting lifestyle changes for overweight women:
· New Start, healthy lifestyle: This is a brief introduction to the programme for Health Professionals, advising on how to approach the subject of being overweight and to develop advice and support
· Preparing for pregnancy: discussing things to consider when looking to start a family
· Pregnancy: addressing what to expect whilst pregnant, how to make small changes to lifestyle and getting a balanced diet and the right level of exercise
· Becoming a parent: looking at getting baby off to a healthy start by breastfeeding when possible, continuing a healthy diet for mum, moving baby onto solids, being active and losing baby weight
· Sexual health: looking at contraception options
· BMI Chart: to determine where someone appears on the Body Mass Index scale.
Initially rolled out in the North East, the intervention pack has been well received both locally and has attracted national interest. We’re feeling confident that by engaging and informing this way, both Health Professionals and overweight women can benefit from its content.
Posted on: 7/6/2012 9:05:14 AM